Sunday, September 18, 2011

Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque Review

Hello Blogger World! It's Trese, and I wanted to start off with giving you guys a review of the "Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque". First I just want to say that the product was purchased with my OWN money, & neither Chas nor I are paid to review any of these products. So let's jump into it!


I purchased this product about a month and a half ago. That was right before I put highlights in my hair and I knew I would need some kind of deep conditioner that would help with strengthening and moisturizing my hair.Well I'm a frequent youtube natural hair video stalker watcher, and I watched some really positive reviews about it so I decided to give it a try. I bought it from Target, pronounced Tar-jay, and it was $10 for 12oz, which is a great deal, especially considering the ingredients!!




This deep treatment masque is supposed to "deeply penetrate to moisturize and repair over-processed, dry, brittle, or damaged hair. It contains Sea Kelp minerals to detoxify hair follicles, Argan Oil to restore shine and rebuild elasticity, and Shea Butter to deeply moisturize and repair."

...
I used the masque in my hair about a week after I highlighted my hair, making sure to adhere strictly to the directions. Unfortunately I didn't get the results I was hoping for, but I continued to use the product every week. By week 4 I was still getting the same sad results so I decided to try the product in a different way. I read on the side of the jar that it could also be used as a leave-in, so I decided to use it as a moisturizer for my twists. To my surprise it worked extremely well! I only had to use a little and it made my hair super soft and it smelled yummy! Speaking of the scent, it has a nice sweet floral smell that lingers nicely on the hair so you kind of get a whiff of it throughout the day lol. I'll post a more detailed review of how exactly I use it at a later date.


 Ultimately I was a bit disappointed that this was not my holy grail deep conditioner (I'm still looking!!) but I am glad I found a way to use it up so I'm not wasting my money! 

-Trouble Trese ;-)

Here's a few pics of the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque:



It is super creamy and very rich but doesn't leave the hair greasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment